Dates are new to my life. I never had them growing up or my adult life until recently. I’ve been making an effort to try new foods. This is not an easy task for me. I’m the girl who could eat the same thing every day and never get bored, a creature of habit. I’m slowing coming out of my shell and surprisingly, enjoying every minute of it. If you’re like me, stop, and put your taste buds out there and start experiencing new foods. You’ll be really glad you did and find some new things you never knew you could live without. That’s what dates are to me 🙂
Everything tastes better with bacon, even dates. Bacon wrapped dates are delicious on their own, but when you add a small piece of Parmesan to the mix, it takes it to a whole new level. Try to eat just one when they’re all baked up and crispy, it’s impossible! They’re salty, sweet and oh so satisfying! These Bacon Wrapped Parmesan Stuffed Dates are the simple bite-sized perfection for any gathering large or small. I have yet to find someone who doesn’t like these babies!
We’re going to start off with pitting our Dates. Medjool are my personal favorite. You’ll need 24 of your favorite variety.
Isn’t he cute!
The easiest way I’ve found to pit dates is to slice one end off.
Grab a skewer, insert the blunt end on the opposite side and push though. The pit pops right out!
Next, slice up your Parmesan into 1/4″ x 1/2″ pieces. Slide the cheese right into the sliced side of the date.
Continue with remaining dates.
Things are about to get even more delicious. Cut 12 pieces of bacon in half.
Slowly a roll a slice of bacon around a cheese stuffed date and place is seam side down on a roasting rack set in a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil. Make sure you get it nice and tight.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until bacon is cooked through and nice and crisp.
You can serve these warm or at room temperature. Just be sure to let them cool a little bit if serving warm so your guests don’t burn their mouths 😉
- 24 Dates
- 12 Slices of thin bacon, cut in half
- ¼ lb. Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice off the end of each date. Grab a skewer and insert the blunt end on the opposite side and push though. The pit should pop right out.
- Next, slice up your Parmesan into ¼" x ½" pieces. Slide the cheese right into the sliced end of the date.
- Slowly roll a slice of bacon around a cheese stuffed date and place is seam side down on a roasting rack set in a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil. Make sure to get it nice and tight.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until bacon is cooked through and bacon is nice and crisp.
It’s Friday and that can mean only one thing, Fiesta! Come check out the gorgeous dishes this week!