I don’t know what took me so long to try out Cauliflower Rice. For those of you not familiar, it’s pretty simple. You grate cauliflower or throw it in a food processor until it breaks down into rice-sized pieces. Then, you just cook it down until tender. Cauliflower Rice is born!
It’s a great way to lighten up a meal. Sometimes rice can be a little heavy in certain dishes and this is the perfect substitute. Plus, who doesn’t need an extra serving of veggies in their lives? Season with a little salt and pepper or soy sauce and you’ve got yourself a wonderful side.
We’ve served marinara sauce over the top as a kind of pasta substitute. You can use it to make fried rice, couscous, pizza crust (more on that in a later post), there are so many possibilities. Anywhere you use rice, sub in the cauliflower version. It’s so easy!
Cut the cauliflower into 4 equal pieces and remove the stem. Grate on a standard box grater or pulse in a food processor until you get rice sized pieces.
We have cauliflower rice!
Heat up a tablespoon of olive or coconut oil over medium heat, add in Cauliflower Rice, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes to steam until the “rice” is nice and tender. Use it in place of any rice dish!
Here’s your printable recipe! Hope you guys give this one a try 🙂
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 Tablespoon Olive or Coconut Oil
- Salt and Pepper or soy sauce to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into 4 equal pieces and remove the stem.
- Grate on a standard box grater or pulse in a food processor until it breaks down into rice-sized pieces.
- Heat up oil in a skillet and add in Cauliflower Rice. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes to steam until the "rice" is nice and tender.
- Season with salt and pepper or soy sauce and enjoy!
I’m sharing this healthy dish with my friends over at our weekly Fiesta Friday party co-hosted by Judi @ cookingwithauntjuju and Petra @ Food Eat Love.