First, let me give you a little garden update. Take a look at the picture above. SUCCESS! I grew green beans! I was so excited when I was out in my garden this week and saw they were ready for picking. There’s just nothing more satisfying than growing your own food and feeding your family.
With the weather being warm, I wanted to find a light and fresh way to prepare them. A simple lemon vinaigrette with toasted sliced almonds was the perfect combination. Green Beans with Lemon Vinaigrette and Almonds is zesty and deliciously simple. It’s green bean season, so there should be an abundance at your local farmers markets and grocery stores. Pick some up and make this tasty side dish today!
Start off by rinsing your beans.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add in beans and cook for 4 minutes.
While those are cooking, in a small bowl whisk together extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Drain the beans and place in your serving dish.
Pour the lemon vinaigrette over the top.
Sprinkle on your silvered almonds and give it a quick toss.
A healthy, fresh and satisfying side dish, just in time for summer!
- 1½ pounds Green Beans
- ½ cup Toasted silvered Almonds
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Rinse your beans and bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add in beans and cook for 4 minutes.
- While those are cooking, in a small bowl whisk together extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain the beans and place in your serving dish and pour the lemon vinaigrette over the top.
- Sprinkle on your silvered almonds, give it a quick toss and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis