Roasted vegetables are delectable! The heat brings out a wonderful sweetness. Carrots are one of my favorite veggies to roast and there’s really nothing to it. They come out flawless every time. Ina Garten is the queen of the simple roasted vegetable. We are obsessed with her roasted brussels sprouts and these carrots are right up there. Simplicity is sometimes the best. A little olive oil, salt and pepper and you’re good to go.
Clean and peel the carrots. Cut off the tops and bottoms. I was making a batch for 2 in case you were wondering if there was some sort of carrot shortage 😉
Slice carrots into 1 1/2″ pieces on the bias. This just makes it look a little more fancy schmancy. Place on a sheet pan and drizzle some olive oil over the top and add a little salt and pepper.
Give them a quick toss with your hands.
Chop up half an onion, and sprinkle right over the top.
Roast in a 400-degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until carrots are tender, but not mushy. No mushy vegetables on my table!
That’s all there is to it. Couldn’t be easier or more delicious. The perfect side dish for any weeknight or weekend dinner.
Have a lovely week!
- 12 carrots
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- ½ onion, diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Clean and peel the carrots. Cut off the tops and bottoms.
- Slice carrots into 1½" pieces on the bias. Place on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and add the salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped onion. Give them a quick toss with your hands.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until slightly browned and tender.
I’ll be sharing these with my friends over at the weekly Fiesta Friday party co-hosted this week by Loretta @ Safari of the Mind and Linda @ Fabulous Fare Sisters.