Vegan Pumpkin Mac ‘n “Cheese”
* 1 tbsp Earth Balance (or other non-dairy butter replacer)
* 3/4 cup unsweetened and unflavoured Almond milk
* 1 tbsp arrowroot powder (or cornstarch or flour)
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder
* 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
* 2 tsp Dijon mustard
* 1 cup canned pumpkin
* Kosher salt & black pepper, to taste (I used 1/2 tsp salt)
* Herbs/seasonings, to taste (sage or cinnamon would be nice!)
1. Add Earth balance in a pot over low-medium heat.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together milk and arrowroot powder (or cornstarch or flour) and garlic powder until clumps are gone. Add into pot and whisk.
3. Stir in nutritional yeast, Dijon, S & P and whisk over low heat until thickened (about 5-7 minutes or so). Lastly, add in 1 cup of canned pumpkin and stir until combined and heated through.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Recipe Courtesy of OhSheGlows