Everyone loves the delicious combination of chocolate and peanut butter, right? Well, what if I told you, you could have that as a snack and it’s healthy? Today is your lucky day, because I’m doing just that.
One of my favorite blogs, The Fitnessista, posted these protein balls a few years ago and swore they tasted just like cookie dough. I immediately made them just to prove her wrong. There was no way. Cookie dough and healthy don’t belong in the same sentence. Boy was I wrong! I couldn’t believe a healthy protein ball could taste so good, and be easy to make, hence the name AMAZE-balls 🙂 I’ve been making them ever since.
They’re the perfect pre or post workout snack with 8 grams of protein per ball!
Here’s how easy they are to make.
Get out your favorite protein powder. Sun Warrior is my absolute favorite. It tastes good, blends well, is over 95% organic and sold on Amazon!
Measure out the protein powder, peanut butter, unsweetened shredded coconut, honey, cinnamon and salt. Dump everything in your mini food processor.
Pulse until it starts to clump together.
Add in a tablespoon (or 2) of dark chocolate chips and continue pulsing until well combined.
Roll dough into 4 balls. Save in zip-top bag and keep in the fridge for a quick, healthy and insanely delicious snack!
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of chocolate chips
- In a mini food processor, add the protein powder, nut butter, coconut, honey, cinnamon and salt. Pulse until it starts to clump together.
- Add in chocolate chips and continue pulsing until well combined.
- Roll dough into four balls.
- Store in a zip-top bag in the refrigerator.