I was looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that was healthy, but made me feel like I wasn’t necessarily eating healthy. I love pasta, and how can you make that healthy? This recipe, that’s how. It’s just a couple ingredients and takes a few minutes to make. You feel like you’re eating pasta without the heavy high carb sluggish feeling after. Perfect for summer! (And your swimsuit will thank you 😉 )
Pour a bag of broccoli slaw in a pan on medium-high heat with a 1/4 cup of water. Cook for 5-8 minutes until slightly soft.
Add a cup of Amy’s Chunky Tomato Bisque Soup.
Also add in garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes.
And 2 Tbsp of Parmesan, cook another 3-4 minutes and you’re done!
Add a little more parmesan on top.
Also tastes great the next day and doesn’t get soggy.
- One 12-oz. bag (4 cups) dry broccoli cole slaw
- 1 cup low-fat creamy tomato soup (like Amy's Chunky Tomato Bisque) or canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic, or more to taste
- Dash onion powder, or more to taste
- Dash each salt and black pepper, or more to taste
- Dash crushed red pepper, or more to taste
- 3 tbsp. Parmesan, divided
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add slaw and ¼ cup water. Stirring occasionally, cook until water has evaporated and slaw has softened slightly, about 5 - 8 minutes.
- Add soup/tomatoes, garlic, spices, and 2 tbsp. Parmesan. Stir and continue to cook until hot, about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Season to taste with additional spices, if you like. Top with remaining 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan.
- MAKES 2 SERVINGS