Summer is the season for salad. This is one of my favorites! Lettuce doesn’t always need to be the center of attention. This Cucumber Salad is cool, refreshing and full of flavor. Fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, salty feta and a tangy Italian dressing make a wonderful salad. It’s the perfect start to any meal and takes no time at all to put together.
Cucumbers are in season and are plentiful this time of year. One of my favorite sites is Eat the Seasons. It’s updated weekly and tells you exactly what foods are in season. If you haven’t already, be sure to check it out!
Step aside boring lettuce…try not to be too jealous, there’s a new Sheriff in town!
Grab your cucumbers.
Slice off the ends.
Slice in half lengthwise.
Slice in half again so it’s quartered.
Chop up into bite size pieces.
Wash the gorgeous tomatoes. I could not resist these mini heirloom tomatoes at Trader Joe’s. Cut these in half.
In a sealable container, add in cucumbers and tomatoes.
Sprinkle in feta cheese.
Pour in the Italian dressing.
Pop the top on and give it a good shake. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 24 hours to let the flavors really develop.
Serve cold, just before your meal.
- 2 large cucumbers or 5 small ones
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes (I used Trader Joe's Mini heirloom tomatoes)
- ½ cup Crumbled Herb and Garlic Feta Cheese
- ½ Cup Italian Dressing
- Chop up the cucumbers and tomatoes into bite-size pieces.
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes, feta and Italian dressing to a sealable container.
- Pop the top on and give a good shake.
- Refrigerate at least 20 minutes or up to 24 hours to let the flavors really develop.
- Serve cold before any meal.