Lately, our days are packed full. There’s always something going on and a to-do list a mile long. I’m sure most of you can relate. That’s why I love this recipe so. It’s a delicious baked egg dish from the Pioneer Woman you can make the night before and just pop in the oven in the morning. You have this delicious homemade breakfast that didn’t take you 2 hours to make. Anything that saves me time during the A.M. hustle and bustle is a plus for me!
I made this for my Mother-in-law and Mamom (my Husband’s grandmother) for a Mother’s Day brunch. We brought her this dish with, cinnamon rolls, orange juice and champagne for mimosas and a couple bouquets of flowers. When planning the menu and deciding what to make my hubby suggested this and it turned out to be the perfect idea! Almost everyone had a second helping. It was a beautiful brunch, perfect for Mother’s Day.
Here’s how you can make it and sleep in 🙂
Get yourself 6 onion rolls. You can get these at your local grocery store baker. If you can’t find them there I also saw them down the bread aisle. Oroweat now makes them.
Tear all six into bite size pieces and throw in a generously buttered 9 x 13 baking dish.
Sprinkle cheddar cheese all over the top.
Tear the cream cheese into bite size pieces and distribute evenly over the dish. You could cut it up, but I like the rustic look 🙂
Now for the butter. Hey, I didn’t say this was healthy! Add the sliced butter right over the cream cheese.
In a separate bowl, crack in 10 eggs.
Add in milk and whisk together. Chop up some chives and throw those in too.
Add a little salt…
…and mustard powder.
Pour the egg mixture over the top. Be sure to get it in all the little crevices.
Top with foil and pop in the fridge overnight. You can leave it in there for up to 24 hours. Yes, I said 24 HOURS!!
Bake for 45 minutes with foil on. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes. Breakfast is served!
- 6 Onion Rolls
- 1½ cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1½ Sticks Butter, sliced
- 10 Eggs
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Chives
- ½ Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Tear all six rolls into bite size pieces and throw in a generously buttered 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese all over the top.
- Tear the cream cheese into bite size pieces and distribute evenly over the dish.
- Add the sliced butter right over the cream cheese.
- In a separate bowl, crack in 10 eggs. Add in the milk, chives, dry mustard and salt. Whisk all together.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top. Be sure to get it in all the little crevices.
- Top with foil and pop in the fridge overnight, for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake for 45 minutes with foil on. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.
- Serve and devour immediately.
It’s time for the weekly Fiesta Friday Party co-hosted by Dini @ Giramuk’s Kitchen and Mollie @ The Frugal Hausfrau. I’ll be bringing this on over to share with all my friends. Come check out the amazing recipes!