As promised a few weeks ago in my Cauliflower Rice post, here is another great way to use cauliflower. Cauliflower Pizza is one of my new favorite meals. I love pizza, and who doesn’t, but this is almost a guilt-free version of it. The cauliflower replaces the traditional pizza dough.
I know what some of you are thinking. Cauliflower crust? Sarah, you crazy! But believe me, this is LEGIT! You won’t even miss the crispy carby crust. Carby is totally a word 😉 It’s very simple to put together. You just want to make sure to wring out the water from the cauliflower. This is an important step you don’t want to skip. It’s the difference between a crisp standing crust and sad soggy one. This won’t taste exactly like pizza crust, but it’s a darn good alternative.
Let’s do this!
Place 2 cups of grated or food processed cauliflower (just like we did when we made Cauliflower Rice), in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 8 minutes until soft. Let cool. Using a clean dish towel or cheesecloth, wring out the cauliflower completely, removing as much water as possible and place back in the bowl.
Whisk together an egg.
Add the egg, mozzarella, parmesan, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix together.
On a baking sheet lined with parchment, form cauliflower mixture in a 10-inch round disk. It’s starting to look like a pizza crust 🙂
Bake at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
Now it’s time for the toppings. We are OBSESSED with this Rao’s sauce!
Next, sprinkle on some cheese.
Then, add some turkey pepperoni and chili flakes. Get creative here and add whatever toppings you like.
Bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Slice and serve!
What are your favorite pizza toppings? Are you ready to give cauliflower crust a go?
Have a lovely week and long weekend! YES friends! 🙌
- 2 cups cauliflower, grated or food processed (about ½ a head)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup tomato sauce (any variety you like)
- Turkey pepperoni (as many slices as you like)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grate the cauliflower or use a food processor until you have 2 cups of cauliflower crumbles. Place in a bowl and microwave for 8 minutes until soft. Let cool. Using a clean dish towel or cheese cloth, drain cauliflower completely, removing as much water as possible and place back in the bowl.
- Mix in the egg, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Form into a 10-inch round disk on the sheet pan lined with parchment. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Top the pizza with the sauce, remaining mozzarella, turkey pepperoni and red pepper flakes. Bake in the oven another 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Slice and serve.