Hi Friends, it’s Friday dance time! I’m so excited for this weekend. There’s a pool party calling my name. I’m half fish, in case you guys didn’t know 😉
am was constantly on the search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. It had to be slightly crisp on the edges, soft and chewy in the middle and have and even cookie to chocolate chip ratio. I thought I was close when I made Alton Brown’s, but I was wrong. I have now found it! The perfect chocolate chip cookie does exist, and I’m not the only one giving this recipe that title. I warn you, this cookie will change your life. I made 30 and my hubby consumed approximately 20 of them…in one day. He couldn’t stop eating them. Every time I’d turn around he had one in his mouth saying, you can never make these again!
The one thing that ruins cookies is sub-par chocolate. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $1 or so and get good quality chocolate chips. My go to is Ghirardelli. If I don’t use Ghirardelli, he knows…and then he lets me know he knows. To avoid all this, just use the good stuff, okay?
Also, remember that vanilla extract I made a few months back. Basically, I’m never using the store-bought stuff again. Make your own, it’s sooooo worth it! I like to think it had something to do with how good these cookies came out 😉
I changed up the recipe slightly and instead of 2 cups of chocolate chips, I used 1 3/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips. This gives you that little chocolate in between the chocolate. In all honesty, it’s just what I had in my pantry and it worked perfectly!
I will never make another chocolate chip cookie recipe again. It takes a lot for me to say it, but it’s the truth.
Go out and buy a copy of Mark Bittman’s How to Cook Everything and make these ASAP!
Start off by creaming together sugar and butter in a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
Add in eggs one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
Add them to the wet until the cookie dough comes together.
With a spoon, stir in the chocolate chips. I don’t like to do this in the mixer, I don’t know why, I just prefer to do it by hand. Probably because I’m weird, and summer is right around the corner–>bonus arm workout!
Look at that perfect dough.
Scoop tablespoon-size mounds on a baking sheet. A mini ice cream scoop is the perfect tool for this.
Bake for 10 minutes. Be sure to let cool for 2 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
Enjoy the best cookies you’ve ever stuffed your face with 🙂
- ½ pound softened butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1¾ cup good quality chocolate chips
- ¼ cup good quality mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Start off by creaming together sugar and butter in a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time, then add vanilla extract, mixing until fully incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the dry to the wet ingredients and mix until the cookie dough comes together.
- With a spoon, stir in the chocolate chips. I don't like to do this in the mixer, I don't know why, I just prefer to do it by hand.
- Scoop tablespoon-size mounds on a baking sheet. A mini ice cream scoop is the perfect tool for this.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Be sure to let cook for 2 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.