The Cobb Salad is one of my favorite salads of all time! There are so many flavors going on, and yet they work well with each other: Fresh greens, creamy avocado, crisp bacon, rich blue cheese, delicious chicken, hard-boiled eggs and don’t forget the most important ingredient, the blue cheese dressing. You could do tomatoes if you absolutely must, but you won’t find them on my Cobb Salad. I’m not a fan of raw tomatoes, I’m weird, I know.
Thank you Mr. Robert H. Cobb, for creating one of the best salads known to man. Here’s my favorite version.
Heat some olive oil in a heavy skillet. Start off with 2 chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise. Salt and pepper and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked all the way through.
Get your greens going on a plate. I started off with butter lettuce.
Arrange another one of your favorite greens on top. I used the Giant Caesar from my garden.
Once the chicken is cooked,slice it up and you’re ready to assemble. I go with a little shredded cheddar, sliced avocado, crumbled bacon (that I baked up earlier that morning), blue cheese crumbles, the sliced chicken, and some diced hard-boiled eggs. Top that with the blue cheese dressing, and you have a delicious and filling lunch or dinner!
What are some of your favorite Cobb Salad combinations?
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Head of Butter Lettuce, Chopped
- 1 Head of Giant Caesar, Chopped
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Avocado, Diced
- 6 Slices of Cooked Bacon, Crumbled
- ⅓ Cup of Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 3 Hard Boiled Eggs, Peeled and Chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Slice the 2 chicken breasts in half lengthwise, so you have 4 thin chicken breasts.
- Salt and pepper and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked all the way through.
- Slice the cooked chicken breasts and set aside.
- Arrange your greens on a plate.
- Add on cheddar cheese, avocado, bacon, blue cheese crumbles, sliced chicken and hard-boiled eggs.
- Serve with Blue Cheese Dressing.